Does the thought of losing all of your teeth make you feel anxious? For most of us, dentures are the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about replacing a mouthful of teeth. Do you worry about:
- How dentures will change the way you look?
- If they will affect how you eat and talk?
- If they will feel comfortable and stay in place?
If you think about it, most of us have seen pictures of people who look like their face has sunken in. This condition is called facial collapse, and while it is sometimes mocked as a cliche of an elderly person, it is no laughing matter. Facial collapse happens when the natural teeth have been removed and the bones of the jaw have deteriorated because there is nothing left to support. The body actually resorbs the bone minerals and uses them elsewhere. While it takes years for the jaws to deteriorate to that point, the process begins almost immediately at the site of a lost tooth.
Long-time denture wearers often suffer from facial collapse. Over time, the shrinkage of the jaw bones makes it impossible for them to wear any kind of denture at all because the dentures become loose and painful. Dental implants halt bone loss, but by the time a person cannot wear a denture anymore, there is often not enough bone left to support the root forms of the implants without bone grafting surgery. And let’s face it… dental implants are expensive!
Affordable Dental Implants for a Stronger & Healthier Smile
If you would like to explore the option of implants, Sedalia Dental can help you get the treatment you need at a price you can afford. Implants can make dentures more stable, plus, when they are surgically placed they halt the process of the jaw bone being resorbed to other areas of the body, actually making your jawbone stonger and healthier. Affordable dental implant options include placing fewer implants to reduce surgical time, costs and time in the dental chair.
- Snap-On Dentures – Sedalia Dental can save you about half the cost of traditional implants by surgically placing a minimum of two implants toward the front of your jaw to anchor your denture. Once the denture is snapped in place, it provides a more stable and comfortable fit than a removable denture.
- Mini Dental Implants – Mini implants are smaller in size and surgically placed directly into the jawbone. They require less jawbone than traditional implants, but they can hold a lower denture securely in place.
If dental implants are simply out of your reach financially, we offer solutions that both help halt bone loss and provides you with a stable, strong denture. Call us or request an appointment for a consultation to see if affordable dental implants will work for you.