Services and Treatments
Comprehensive exams are the cornerstone of good dental and oral health care. Thorough and regular checkups are essential for early detection of more serious dental problems. Early detection makes treatment easier, less expensive and more effective.
Here is what you can expect from us at each visit:
- Examine and assess gum health for signs of gum disease.
- Diagnose any existing tooth decay.
- When necessary, take and analyze x-rays, which may reveal decay, bone loss, abscesses, tumors, cysts, or other problems not visible by traditional means.
- Screen for the presence of oral cancer.
- Verify the stability of any existing fillings or other restorations.
- Inform you of all findings and make treatment recommendations.
If you have a damaged tooth, a beautiful and effective method of protecting the remaining tooth structure is a porcelain crown.
Snap on Smile
Snap-On Smile® is an exciting new product that is your most affordable cosmetic dentistry option available, and our Columbus dentists are here to tell you all about it!
Porcelain veneers are thin shells of porcelain, custom-engineered to fit over your teeth.
One of the misconceptions about teeth whitening is that you HAVE to get in-office treatments to get really dazzling results.
Invisalign Invisable Braces
Invisalign® is becoming very popular as a way to straighten your teeth. It has several key advantages over traditional braces.
Though certainly not always true in other areas of life, in the case of white fillings what looks the best actually is the best treatment choice.
Root Canal TreatmentSome of the most feared words in the dental care world are “root canal treatment”. This is an unfortunate carry-over from less enlightened dental times.
Sedation DentistWe understand your fear, and are trained to help you get the dental care you need without the fear, stress or anxiety that is so debilitating.
TMJ DentistWhat is TMJ? It is an abbreviation for the temporomandibular joints, which are the joints that join your upper and lower jaw bones together.
Affordable Dental Implants
If you are considering dentures, talk to us about affordable mini dental implants, which we use with an overdenture. This solution may get you the treatment you need at a price you can afford.
A dental bridge is used to replace a missing tooth or series of teeth. As the picture illustrates, a dental bridge consists of a false tooth (or teeth) suspended between two crowns.
Dental implants are the most comfortable, realistic, and durable method for replacing missing teeth.
When you are looking for dentures, several concerns are likely uppermost in your mind. Will they be comfortable and secure? Will they look alright? And can I afford this?
Here at Sedalia Dental we love treating children and making their dental visits fun.
A pediatric dentist is one who has done two years of postgraduate work and is licensed as a specialist. Drs. Katie and Aaron Carroll are not pediatric dentists, but they enjoy treating children and have training in providing all of the basic care that children need, from checkups and cleanings to fillings, stainless steel crowns, and even orthodontic care. They are licensed as general dentists. If anything complicated comes up they will refer your child to a pediatric dentist specialist.
Convenient Family Care
Many families enjoy going to the dentist together. It is convenient and helpful to go to the same dentist. Plus, many parents feel comfortable discussing their child’s dental needs with a dentist they are very familiar with.
Avoiding Pediatric Dental Anxiety
It is ideal to begin your child’s dental visits early. This way your child’s early experiences with the dentist will be pleasant, instead of traumatic because of dealing with a dental emergency. Our staff works hard to make your child’s visit a fun experience. We want them to look forward to their return appointments. We’ll see patients in our office as young as one year old, and parents are welcome to accompany their child during the exam.
- Don’t treat dental care as a punishment—Sometimes parents are tempted to “threaten” their children with a dental visit if they don’t regularly brush their teeth. Instead help them understand that their dental visits are an extension of their daily oral hygiene.
- Don’t use scare tactics—Instead of telling them their dental visits will be painful if they don’t brush their teeth, talk to them about how much nicer their mouth smells after they brush.
- Don’t over-prepare them—You can unintentionally transfer anxiety to your child by spending an inordinate amount of time talking to them about their appointment in order to prepare them. Treat it like it is no big deal and they’ll feel that way too.
- Go to the dentist early—The younger your child has their first visit, the more likely it is to be an easy appointment.
To begin your child’s dental care, you may call our office or request an appointment with our office online.
Having a toothache is no fun. It can make it impossible for you to function, and it could represent spreading infection that needs to be addressed right away. If you are in pain, give us a call. Drs. Katie and Aaron Carroll don’t want you to suffer any longer. We allow some flexibility in our schedules every day to be able to accommodate emergencies like yours. Call (614) 836-2222.
Common situations for which you may need a Columbus Emergency Dentist:
- A toothache. If the pain is coming from the inside of a tooth, this is almost always an indication that the pulp of the tooth is irritated. There could be a large cavity in the tooth, but there doesn’t have to be. There could be decay under an old filling. Sometimes small cracks in the tooth can allow bacteria to enter and infect the tooth.
- Sometimes part of the tooth wears away, exposing sensitive parts of the tooth. An infection in your mouth. A draining abscess may not hurt at the moment, so it may not seem urgent. But whenever an infection is in or around a tooth, it almost always requires some dental treatment to fix the problem. Antibiotics alone can’t get rid of an infection whose source is inside a tooth, or an infection that is a result of gum disease.
- A broken tooth. A broken front tooth may not cause pain, but can be an aesthetic emergency. A dental bonding repair doesn’t take long and can make you presentable so that you can avoid embarrassment. If you have the broken piece, bring it with you; sometimes we can bond it back into place.
- Traumatic injury. Blows to the face can cause broken teeth and can even knock a tooth out. If you have had a tooth knocked out, come in immediately. Bring the tooth with you, and place it in slightly warm milk or a moist towel to keep the ligament alive. We may be able to replant it if you can get here fast enough.
Sedation Dentistry Available
If you suffer from dental anxiety, we understand. We offer everything from a simple gentle technique to sedation dentistry to help you through your dental appointment. Rest assured, Here at Sedalia Dental we can help with your dental emergency. Call (614) 836-2222. The sooner you call, the sooner we can help you.
We know times are tough. Don’t let a tight budget stop you from getting the dental care you need. If you neglect regular cleanings and treatment, you might end up spending a lot more in the long run.
We rely on the very latest in dental technology and techniques to make our office run efficiently, and we pass this time savings on to you through competitive fees for our services. We are also working to develop an in-office insurance plan for our patients without dental insurance coverage. More information will be made available about this cost-saving service as soon as the details are finalized.
Treatment Plan Options from an Affordable Dentist
There is almost always more than one solution to a dental problem. An example of this is treatment plans for missing teeth. Whenever possible, we recommend dental implants for missing teeth, but sometimes budget constraints simply will not allow that option. In those cases, we offer the highest quality dental bridge or partial denture to offer a solution that feels good, looks great, functions properly and helps you keep treatment affordable.
An Ounce of Prevention
The real key to keeping your dental costs down is maintaining your dental health, and that happens with regular check-ups and cleanings. Many dental problems can only be detected in the early stages by dental professionals, and problems caught and treated early can save you thousands of dollars.
Even if you have not been to the dentist in a long time, don’t worry. We’re here to help you get the care you need now, not to judge you for any reasons that kept you away in the past. We’re just happy you chose us to help you take care of your dental health!
If it has been a while since you had regular care, you may need a significant amount of treatment. If that is the case, we offer phased treatment options. This helps you get from where you are now to a healthy state in a series of steps that are kinder to your budget.